.

.

Monday, November 17, 2014

WELCOME HOME ALLYSON

November 17, 2014

Well, all I can think about this week is that my big sis is home from her mission in Cape Verde, Africa. I am SO incredibly proud of her and her service to the Lord for this past year and a half. And I'm so happy for my family to have a daughter back. 

This week was wonderful! We've been focusing a lot on the Ramirez-Lopez family. Their family is doing AMAZING! They are all reading the Book of Mormon and praying and marking off the days on their baptismal calendar! Unfortunately we just found out the other night that the mom isn't actually married to the dad, but they are still living together :( but that's okay! We talked to her and she is going to talk with him about getting married at our church! She wants to get baptized very badly and it is amazing to me to watch her work out the problems for herself. I think that's a moment when you can tell that a person is becoming truly converted; when it isn't the missionaries that are working out every single detail, but the person. Priorities change, lives change, hearts change. So I better start brushing up on my wedding planning skills! :D Ah I'm so excited for this beautiful family. 

Funny story about them, we taught them the 10 commandments on Tuesday, then went back to teach them again and July says "So we've been reviewing the condiments!" Her mom just starts dying laughing and says "July, the 10 commandments!" Hahaha.

Also, Sunday was great because we are teaching so many families! So first, Valeria shows up with her 5-year-old son and we bring him down to primary. Then the Ramirez-Lopez got there with their 3 kids and 3 cousins. Then Carla and Esquivel's family with 4 kids. Haha. It was just an army of kids heading down to primary. Soo cute. I love these families more than life! 

A cool story about our recent convert, Avelino. He's doing awesome and he paid his tithing for the first time this week. He calls us the next morning and is all excited. We asked him what was going on and he said that the next day at work, his boss randomly gave him a raise!! The DAY after he paid his tithing. Like it says in the Bible, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse..and prove me now herewith, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." That promise is so true and what a testimony builder for him and me! Incredible.

I am so blessed and am feeling 100% recovered after my surgery thanks to lots of help from Heavenly Father. I am praying for you all! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Webb

Preparation Day Bowling! (:

The Ramirez-Lopez family plus cousins

Best family night ever with Ramirez-Lopez family.
Putting on the armor of God to withstand "fiery darts of the adversary."


No comments:

Post a Comment