.

.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Finding the Motivation to Pedal On

February 2, 2015

So...we didn't win the Superbowl....Awk. But we did celebrate in style: we ate pizza in our seahawks t-shirts and did weekly planning as we listened to Seattle scream when we got a touchdown. And a couple of "boo patriots" to end the night. Ha. It was a pretty exciting way to keep updated on the score!

This week was definitely trying on a new level...physically! So what happens is every set of missionaries gets a certain number of miles for the month. Then when it gets towards the end of the month, you start to realize that you didn't budget your miles very well, and you have to bike the entire last week of the month. So, unfortunately, this is what happened to Hermana Webb and Miller. We were on bike this whole week, and Washington is not flat like Illinois. We were trekking up some serious hills and I won't even mention that my bike had absolutely no brakes. Haha. They were really worn out, so we had some near-death experiences, but that's what keeps you on your toes. So, basically by the 2nd day of biking through this treacherous terrain, my legs were feeling like jelly. I was just about ready to give it up and call it a day, and then Hermana Miller reaches into her pocket and says "Want a jellybean?" That little jellybean gave me the motivation to keep pedaling for another few minutes, then I stop and turn to her and say "Jellybean me." Haha. This pattern continued until we got home, dragging myself to the planning table, but hey we did it! And now we have miles again! Thank you February (:

So Friday was my 6th month mark! If you can believe it (I can't!) I am 1/3 of the way into my mission already. I have learned more in the last 6 months and changed more than I have in the last 19 years of life! Preeeettty sure. You probably won't recognize me when I get back because #1 I'll be speaking like a crazy Hispanic, and #2 I'll be super fat like a crazy Hispanic. Hahaha just kidding. This biking thing makes that hard to do.

But really, missions are the best! These 6 months have been the hardest, most rewarding of my life! I LOVE being a part of the work of salvation. If you're thinking about serving a mission, DO IT. You will have no regrets.

-Hna Webb


Riding off into Narnia! We bike through the PRETTIEST areas!

No comments:

Post a Comment