.

.

Monday, May 18, 2015

They're Taking My Baby Away and Giving Me A New One!

May 18, 2015

Well, surprise!!! I thought everything was good and dandy yesterday with transfers around the corner that me and my little Fifita would be staying here in Lynnwood for another six weeks.
But if I've learned anything on my mission, it's that the second you start getting comfortable, the Lord pulls the rug out under you and you're thrown into a new situation! So just when me and Hna Fifita were starting to get good at teaching together, the Lord is sending her up to Bellingham and I'm getting a brand-new missionary for my second round of training!! Crazy! Her name is Hermana Clark, and if you want to see her, I guess her video about her mission is viral on youtube. Just type in Washington Everett mission and you can see my trainee before I do! Haha.
I'm so excited to met my new baby, but am SOOO  incredibly sad to be leaving Hermana Fifita. Pretty heartbreaking! These past 6 weeks have been incredible and a ton of fun!! I've learned so much!
As for the area, Alberto came to church again yesterday!! :D YAAY! He is doing so awesome and his prayers have become some meaningful, he started the Book of Mormon from the start again this week so he could understand it better, and he absolutely loves the peace he feels when he's at church! We've had some really incredible lessons with him where we've all been able to feel and recognize the presence of the Spirit of the Lord so strongly. Keep him in your prayers this week as we try to help him take the next step of baptism! :)
And as for the weekly embarassing moment, we decided to have a bike and bus day because we're running low on miles, so we take the bus to an appointment at the end of our area. We get half-way home and then I give the bus book to Hna Fifita to coordinate our next bus to get home. So we got on the one she says, and lo and behold, it was taking us the completely opposite direction! Hahaha so we were back to square 1 and it was already like 9 pm. Uh oh (curfew 9:30.) I'm starting to panic and when we get back to the half-way mark and see that we missed the last bus, I'm really panicking! It was pure uphill back to our apartment and we had a long way to go. Thankfully, I had the impression to call Hna Waite and she was able to come and rescue us and get us back home on time and in one piece!! Haha now THAT was a stressful day!! (Note to self: never put the newbee in charge of the bus scheduling! ;)
Best part of the week: yesterday, I finally got to talk to my wonderful family on the best Skype call ever!! Boy oh boy do I miss them!
Well, I sure do know that the Lord is truly in charge of this work. I have felt so much of His guidance this week, preparing me for changes and helping me to put my complete trust in Him! I would encourage you all to do the same- slow down a little bit and be sure to listen carefully for the still, small promptings of the Spirit that may not be able to guide you if you never take the time to listen! Have a great week!! Echenle ganas!!!!

-Hna Webb

Skyping our baby a week late because of being in Africa. Best day of EVER!!

The BEST package from my bestie Lorna!!
This crazy bunch of hooligans! These kids are crazy!

We decided maybe we shouldn't knock this door!

Sometimes we bring our investigators Cheetos


No comments:

Post a Comment