.

.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Busy, Busy Week of Baptisms!

October 13, 2014

Where to start?

Ah, sooo two baptisms that I've gotta tell y'all about! :D

First, Avelino was baptized!!! After 9 months of meeting with missionaries, Avelino finally made the necessary changes in his life because he had such a strong desire to get closer to Heavenly Father. He loves the commandments, which is awesome. He has such a rock solid testimony. He has had a very rough life, more so than anyone I have ever met, and it was such a sweet moment to see him go down into the waters of baptism and see that all erased. He gets to start over. He said that as he went down, his mind was completely clear and at peace. He is so happy, now having the Holy Ghost with him all the time. He called us last night and said "Sisters, thank you for showing me the way." That's really what it all comes down to: we've found the way, the way to happiness and peace and hope and how to return back to a loving Heavenly Father. Now, we have to show others. 

Second, beautiful little 9-year-old MiKenzie was baptized after church on Sunday. She walked in wearing her beautiful white dress and looking like a little angel. Her mom and dad still need to get married before they can get baptized, so MiKenzie is leading the way for her family. Her mom, Jessica, invited her whole family to come and we really wanted them to have a good first experience with the Church. It was such a beautiful day. And somehow Hermana Weymouth convinced me to sing a duet with her during it of "I know that my Redeemer Lives." I sang the first verse as a solo. Uhh, yeah. Hermana Webb sings, whaaat? Haha. I was so nervous I almost passed out. But I got through it. Whew. The things you do as a missionary because you love your investigators. Haha. 

And my absolutely FAVORITE quote possibly ever from a talk called "The Fourth Missionary:"

"Just give it up. Surrender your will to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."

Give your whole heart to God and He will mold you into something extraordinary. That is my testimony this week. 

I love my mission. I love the Church. I love my family. And I love my Savior Jesus Christ,

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Webb

Love this little angel!!
Avelino is on the left. The most humble, kind person.

Mikenzie Marie Marroquine Doucette and her parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment