.

.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Lots of Firsts

October 6, 2014

Wow. What a week. First of all, general conference! Blew my mind. Definitely would encourage everyone to go back and study the talks again. There is so much power in the words of prophets and apostles. My favorite was definitely Lynn G Robbins where he asked us which way we face- towards God or men. We must be bold and keep our standards high no matter what the world thinks of us. "Courage is the form of every virtue at the testing point." Christ was Fearless. Let us follow His perfect example in this.

Other than conference, this week was full of firsts for my mission. I went on my first exchange. With an English-speaking sister over a YSA ward. Super cool! But weird to be speaking English. I kept saying "Hola" to everyone. Haha.

My first experience with a mad dog almost biting off my leg. Ok, it was a Chihuahua. But man, those things can be intimidating! 

My first time getting handed a BRAND NEW car to drive. Wow. It's a '14 Chevy Cruze and it is niceeee. We are spoiled! Probably never gonna get a new car again in my life. Haha.

My first time going a whole day on solely fruits and vegetables. Random health challenge. It was fun. I ate a big can of corn for lunch like I was eating a bowl of cereal. Haha. 

My second time setting a baptismal date with one of the most humble, incredible people I've ever met: Angelica. We set her baptismal date for November 1st after she prayed during our first lesson, asking for confirmation that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God. She got her answer right then and there. An incredible moment. 

So a week full of adventures and wonderful experiences that only a mission can provide. The joy that you feel when you see others coming closer to their Heavenly Father is indescribable. Wouldn't trade these 18 months for anything in the world. 

Que tenga una buena semana! 

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Webb


Exercising in the pouring rain with our favorite family
We have fun
Love these people


Apple pie.. We love Fall!
Me and Madison - cutest little 2-year-old around

Our brand new Chevy Cruzeeee

I will never get tired of this view


This pretty much sums it all up

No comments:

Post a Comment