.

.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Stayin Alive!



June 22, 2015

Hello Family and Friends!

How are you!?

This week was FAB.

I'm just happy like all the time! It's crazy how much joy missionary work brings.

The most exciting happening of the week: we go to contact this referral. We had to go through their fence to knock on their door. So the fence closes and out of nowhere, this huge pitbull rounds the corner and starts bounding over to us. Hermana Clark just yelps and turns her body to me curls into like a fetal position. Haha. I was just like "Hermana, dogs can smell fear. Don't be scared." Haha so I try to brave as the senior comp and I try to pet the huge beast and calm it down. And it's just jumping all over us, way taller than Hermana Clark, with its huge claws. I couldn't even get to the door to knock, so we're just standing there trapped! And then, thank goodness, the lady heard us and comes and opens the door. She was like "oh my goodness! I don't know how to control him. Just come in!" We got home that night to find some pretty sweet scratches all down our bodies. Ha. But at least we lived to tell the tale! And the family actually turned out to be super solid and we got to teach them a good lesson, so it was all worth it! (I'm just a little scared to go back for the return apt haha)

And just to show you that 11 months of the missionary schedule really starts to wear one out, let me tell you another story. So every morning we wake up at 6:20and Hermana Clark and I say a prayer together. Well, as many of you know, I am NOT a morning person. And this morning, it was my turn to pray. I start saying it and the next thing I know, I'm popping my head up again. "What just happened?" I asked Hermana Clark. She just starts laughing and says that I suddenly stopped talking during the middle of my prayer and I had fallen asleep again. haha. Whoops!! I had to explain to her about the rule that all my college roomies know: no talking to Hermana Webb for the first hour after she wakes up. Ha. Hermana Clark probably thinks I hate her cause when we go running or do some Jillian Michael's in the morning, I do not talk to her at all. Ha, so I had to explain to her that I in fact do love her, I just am not really awake for the first hour of the day!

So, good news! Alberto has resolved everything and is sooo ready to be baptized this Saturday!! Yay! He is incredible- he smiles bigger and bigger everytime we go over. The gospel has changed him so much! He is RADIATING with the light of Christ!! He works at Panda Express, so we went to visit him at work this week, and we walk in and he sees us as he frying this huge pot of orange chicken! YUM! He walks over and says "Welcome to Panda!" It was sooo funny to hear him speak English. Haha, I was dying.

I just love these people and I'm so grateful for all that I learn every single day! I know that this Gospel is true and that it changes lives! What a joy to have a front row to seat to see the miracle of the Atonement!

-Hermana Webb

Pic: Celebrating 20 years of life! :D

My birthday cake from Avelino!!

Me and Elder Allen the exact same day!! Crazy! We celebrated together!

Olive Garden for the birthday dinner! Glad I got to carry on tradition!

Happy Father's Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment