.

.

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Real Teacher

September 14, 2015

This week was GREAT! Let me tell you why!
1. I got to go on an exchange back to my old area for a day! It was so great, we got to see Alberto, and Patty, and lots of other friends. And we got to play tennis in the morning. I literally almost went to go put my stuff away in my old closet, and then I was like- whoops! I don't live here anymore. Ha.
2. We found 6 new investigators! One of them is the guy I wrote about last week- who invited himself to be baptized!? Yeah, so we taught him twice this past week and he is like a sponge, just absorbing everything. He came to church for the first time on Sunday, and he even said the last prayer in gospel principles. He looks at me kind of panicked and was like "how do you start again?" He said a really nice prayer, and almost did it all right, just forgot to end in the name of Jesus Christ, but he's workin on it! Ha- so he's going back to Mexico pretty soon, but I'll have him forward me a pic of his baptism down there and the missionaries down there are about to get a really sweet referral! Ha.
3. On Thursday, we set baptismal dates with 4 people! It was such a Spirit-filled day! My goodness! The parents of the family with 3 kids who were baptized a while ago accepted a baptismal date and we're supeeer excited for them!!
4. The other family that I wrote about- the one where the mom is a member and her girls aren't- well her daughters are amazing- especially the 10-year-old! Her mom told us that she literally counts down the days and the hours until we come over. Ha. She takes her reading assignments more seriously than any other investigator. Ha. Her prayers are more sincere, specific, and powerful than any others. And her ability to understand the message we teach is deeper than all the others. And she's 10! Man, kids are just so much more receptive to the Spirit. After we taught the Restoration, we asked her to pray to know if it was true. We went back and she told us that she had prayed, but she wasn't sure if she had gotten an answer. (So cute, right!?) So we taught her about the Book of Mormon, and her aunt shared a powerful testimony. I looked at our little friend and said "How did you feel when your aunt was talking?" She said and I quote "The Spirit just hit me like a wall. It makes me feel faithful." She is so incredible!!!!
I've learned the importance this week of bearing testimony powerfully, and then letting it be silent so the Spirit can really teach. And then as you ask others who they are feeling, they learn to recognize just exactly how the Spirit works with them. I heard something cool that "The Light of Christ leads people to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost." The Spirit testifies of all truth- He is the real teacher and converter of souls! So cool! I can see that happening all the time as a missionary and I love it!
-Hermana Webb

Last exchange for this transfer! With
Hermana Spackman! Back in Lynwood!

Reunited with Herman Fifita!!
Of course there was food involved!



Sporting our BYU gear in support of the winning team!
Of course we always hear about it at church!
It is soooo beautiful here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment