.

.

Monday, September 28, 2015

"What I Need Are Disciples - And I Need Them Forever"



September 28, 2015

Where to begin?!
 

This week was so full of miracles and we are starting to get super busy again! We are over 5 companionships this transfer as Sister Training Leaders, so it's going to be a crazy transfer!

So the highlight of the week was Sunday! The 10 and 11-yr old girls- Daisy and Naeda- came to church with their whole family and it was actually the primary program so they got to be up on the stand participating, and they were so excited!!!! We're almost through the lessons with them and they are getting excited for their baptism on October 10th!

We also started teaching the daughter of the recent convert who lost her sight recently. She's 9 and is so cute! Oh my gosh, she went around all week telling her mom and dad (who is not a member and not interested in changing that) "I'm going to be part of something very important on Sunday and I need you both to be there!" She had practiced for the primary program once, and she got there on Sunday and sang every single word of the songs and bore her little testimony! Her mom started crying during the first song, and pretty much continued to do so throughout the entire hour-long program! Such a proud mom moment for her. It was precious. Little kids are pure vehicles for the Spirit to touch peoples hearts! We love of all of our little investigator girls! (:

Javier wasn't able to come to church- but he did come to the Come, See for Yourself fireside with us last night in Marysville. He loved it! And I got to see some of my very favorite people from Marysville that I haven't seen for so long! It was a fun little reunion! :)

Also, remember Lyli and Elvin? The coolest Guatemalans ever? They are meeting with the branch president in Lynnwood to get sealed in the temple soon!! I was soo excited when I heard the news! The cutest little eternal family you ever did see 😄

And Avelino- remember him? From Marysville? Just got the Melchizedek priesthood after his 1-year mark as a member of the church!

So lots of progress and good things are happening in all parts of the mission!

I've never been so happy in my life as I am now! Like ever. I feel like just as you really learn to love your mission and are getting the hang of it is when it starts to wind down to the end. But these are eternal principles- I can always serve others and trust in the Lord to guide me. And I can always be a disciple of Jesus Christ! We must never stop growing, learning, changing, and praying. As a beloved Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ puts it while speaking to his apostle, Peter, after finding him back fishing instead of out preaching the gospel:

“Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having thissame conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if want fish, can get fish?What need, Peter, are disciples—and need them forever. need someone to feed my sheep and savemy lambs. need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. need someone who loves me,truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do."

(I would strongly encourage y'all to read the rest of this talk: The first and great commandment by Elder Holland. Yep, actually, I'm assigning that as your homework this week! :) It's amazing!!)

-Hermana Webb

Reunited with Esperanza!

Showing off our matching CTR rings!

With some of my favorite members before the women's session

Our Taco Truck!
Eating at the Taco Truck!!
A yummy tostada!



No comments:

Post a Comment