.

.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Never A Dull Moment!!



October 26, 2015

Another busy week!

We had 2 exchanges- for one, I got to go bring my Hermana Clark to Monroe with meeee :)
And for the other, I got to go back to Marysville!!
So basically, being a sister training leader is the best/funnest thing ever!!

While in Marysville, we got to have lunch with Avelino! He was so excited when he called and I answered the phone, so we went to eat at this delicious Mexican restaurant. I didn't realize how much I have missed him until I saw him again! He said he is working towards going to the temple soon,

Funny story time!! Ok, so we went to visit this family that is super hard to find at home. We saw that their lights were on and got all excited to finally be able to teach them again. So we walk up to the door (which has glass panes at the top so you can see into the house). We knock, and can see the kids watching tv. Then, to my amazement, I watch them all line up in the living room and ARMY CRAWL across the hallway where the door us so they could avoid us. HAHA. I was laughing so hard as I watched this little line of children on crawling on their elbows to avoid the missionaries, thinking that they were so sneaky and that we couldn't see them. I'm sure it was under the direction of their parents who have lost interest. People do funny things to pretend like they're not home (hurriedly turning off the tv or the mom shushing the kids), but this was a whole new level!

A little miracle story: We were hurrying out the door one day and my companion was driving (we switch off who drives every other day). So she starts getting all her stuff together and asks, "Hermana, do you know where the keys are?" "Nope," I said. So we both start looking and after 5 minutes, we're panicking because we were late to an appointment. Then it dawned on me that we hadn't said a prayer yet. So we kneel down and ask Heavenly Father to help us find the keys so we could get to work. I opened my eyes, and saw one of the keys sticking up out of the couch cushion. There they were- right in front of my eyes. Seconds after saying the prayer. So remember, always ask yourself in situations like those: "Did you think to pray?"

Daise and Neida are doing good! They had a regional Hispanic conference on Saturday with tons of different dances and cultural performances from all different Spanish-speaking countries. So our branch did a dance, and Daise was a part of it! We didn't get to go, but they had a ton of fun. Maybe next year....;)

My ponderize scripture this week was the rich, young prince's question to the Savior: "What Lack I Yet?" I've pondered and memorized (although, the memorizing part really wasn't too hard ;)) about that this week and have heard the Spirit whisper to me many things that I still lack and have been working hard to improve. As said in conference, "Have it thy way, Lord. Have it thy way. Thou art the potter and I am the clay." May we be humble enough to let the Lord mold and shape us and our lives into the fullest potential.

-Hna Webb


Pic: Making some very yummy apple crisp with Sister Bonham- our mission president's wonderful wife! We love fall time!!!


Caramel apples. Yum!!

Making smoothies...why do all of my pictures
involve food??...



No comments:

Post a Comment