.

.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The White Elephant in the Room

August 27, 2014

¡Hola familia y amigos!

My time here in México is running out quickly. Only 2 more weeks till I'm shipping out to Washington. I am so excited to be going back to the U.S.! Haha. It's a good place. You don´t really appreciate what you've got until you leave it. But I do have a special place in my heart for the CCM! It really has become my home these past 4 weeks. It's so crazy because now we are the oldest missionaries in our zone! As in, been here the longest. Crazy. Now we are the examples and have to the best at spanish...haha. But it's fun to see all these new missionaries come in every week. 

Well, this week has been full of happy times and hard times too. I definitely feel my patience being tested as I learn and grow to become the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be. 

In the CCM, everyone calls your preparation day Christmas because you get to email family and relax. So our district decided we were gonna make it a full on Feliz Navidad fiesta- complete with a white elephant gift exchange and a frosted flakes eating contest to come later tonight. So pumped. And of course, you can't have a Christmas party without classy sweaters. So we all broke out our best sweaters for the occasion. So fun. The best was Elder Olsen- he gave a signed copy of a picture of himself. Oh my goodness- we were all crying we were laughing so hard. It's the little things that make the week go by. We´ve also had lots of milagros de Navidad aka Christmas miracles. For example, I had a bad sore throat comin on and we walk in for breakfast and they have Yoghurt para beber which means drinkable yogurt. We call it "yogs para bebs." It felt SO good on my throat so we were all like Milagro de Navidad! Like I said, it´s the little things.

Also this week has been great because of all the Spanish we´ve learned. Me and the other Sisters fasted from English for a day. We prayed for help with our Spanish and I felt so blessed that day. Not speaking a single word in English takes some serious concentration and can lead to a serious headache at the end of the day haha, but it is how we learn. By applying. Our teacher told us something this week that I love: "Don't evade sacrifice. Seek it."

Seek opportunities to bless those around you and you will find more happiness. I know that devoting all my thoughts and prayers to the people I've been teaching has brought me so much happiness. This church truly is God's church and we have the fullness of truth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I love reading it. Never stop learning about Christ and the gospel because there is so much to learn apply in our lives. 


Love you all con todo mi corazón!!!

Hermana Webb

BTW, I heard T. Swift is coming out with a new album and I this has caused me some grief that I won't be able to hear it for a year and half. Haha. Please send me thoughts on it when it does come out. 

Feliz Navidad!!


Our fiesta for Hermana Eddy's birthday
Christmas sweater party
White elephant gift. Priceless.


Haha! I love my district!

No comments:

Post a Comment