.

.

Monday, December 1, 2014

He Is The Gift

December 1, 2014

Adios Hermana Weymouth! Just found out mi mama, my trainer, is being transferred!! I'm getting a new companion tomorrow but I won't know who until 3. AHHH. Transfers are crazyI will miss my mama so much! I've learned so much from her, but I'm excited to learn from a new Hermana.

This week was fantastic! First of all, Thanksgiving! We had a big game of soccer with some members from the branch and one of the families we are teaching. So fun! Me and little 9-year-old Jasmine whooped em all ;) Then we went over to the Soto's house for dinner. I was in heaven. The mom is such a good cook and we ate until we could eat no more. Later that night, me and Hermana Weymouth were praying and I started to cry as I thanked Heavenly Father and realized all the wonderful things and people in my life. To be a missionary is the greatest blessing in the world.

 Second of all, it snowed!!!! Yay. I love snow! It is a winter wonderland here with all the billions of pine trees covered in beautiful snow! Apparently it only snows like 2 or 3 times a year, so I am taking it all in while I can. When we woke up and saw white, we went crazy. Haha. Built a little snowman, all the while singing Frozen (I have taught Hermana Weymouth basically the whole soundtrack since she left before it came out ;). And then a giant snowball fight after branch coordination. Like seriously, my shoulder was in some serious pain the next day from all the launching. Too fun. 

We got a sweet opportunity to serve at a Food Bank all Monday morning, bringing families in and putting together a big Thanksgiving meal for them, turkey and all. It was so fun to see their faces light up as they chose a pie, a turkey, and everything else you could possibly need for a nice meal. True joy from serving others. 

Another INCREDIBLE thing this week is the "He is the Gift" initiative of the church. Stop what you're doing and search "He is the Gift" of youtube. The video is 2 minutes long, and it is incredible. We have special cards to pass out, in Spanish it's El es La Dadiva. And on the back, there are three parts:
Discover the Gift: Learn about Jesus Christ, Discover your Savior and all that He did for you
Embrace the Gift: Accept that you can be made clean and whole through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He already paid the price so that we do not have to suffer. 
#SharetheGift: Share the true Spirit of Christmas time! Share the video on Facebook, with friends, and family.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and realized how blessed we are! Never forget to have an attitude of gratitude for the blessings that our Heavenly Father pours upon us. And have a great start to the Christmas season! It is such a joyful time of year. Share the Gift of Christ's life with all of those around you and it will be a very special Christmas indeed. 

-Hermana Webb

mormon.org/christmas- check it out
Thanksgiving dinner at the Sotos! My second family!


Post soccer game. Lots of mud.

My little Olaf
WINTER WONDERLAND

July, Emiliano, and Ivet made us a temple


All of the missionaries sang during church so we tried to match

The Ochoas! Love this family!


No comments:

Post a Comment