.

.

Monday, January 5, 2015

FELIZ ANO NUEVO

January 5, 2014

Happy New Year Everyone! :D

This year is pretty special because I will be a missionary the whole year! And at the end of the year, I will be finishing my mission so this year is a pretty important one! I've made lots of goals and am excited to dedicate all I got to the Lord!

Funny story, soo this week we found lots of new families to teach! And one is a single mom named Dolores, and her 4 kids. We started teaching their family and at first, the 14-year-old son was laying face-down on the couch, pretending to be asleep or something. We start talking about our role as missionaries and all of the sudden, the 14-year-old pops up and he's like "Hey- I have a friend whos a Mormon and his brother is a missionary just like you guys!" So he starts asking us all these questions about what we do. We were also talking about fasting and prayer with his mom and he asked us about that. We explained that we don't eat or drink for two meals once a month so we can feel the Spirit stronger when we're not focused on what our body needs. He says "So you guys starve? I don't think I could do that!" Haha. He thinks about it for another few minutes then says "Is that why all Mormons are so skinny??" Hahahaha I died laughing. This family is a gem!

All of our recent converts to the church are doing great! Avelino is on fire- he called us on Saturday sooo happy and told us he had read the Bible for 3 hours that morning, had lunch, then read the Book of Mormon for the next 2 hours and was about to watch a movie about Jesus Christ! He just can't get enough of the gospel and I love it!
Edgar, who got baptized about 6 months again, is doing awesome too! We went over and tried to set some new years goals with him. But he's like, no I like to live one day at a time- soy flojo. (I'm lazy). But Sunday rolls around, and it was a testimony meeting and Edgar gets up there and gives such a beautiful testimony! I almost started crying! He says the Hermanas tried to make me set goals, and I decided to set 3- rely on my faith in Jesus Christ, become a disciple of Jesus Christ, and endure to the end in righteousness! My mouth was hanging open! Haha. He had set 3 beautiful goals all on his own. I was so proud of him!!

So the work continues! We've had a lot of fun this week searching Lake Stevens for Hispancs and we found about 4 families with a lot of potential and interest! We are so excited for all the new opportunities of a new year!  

Con amor,

Hermana Webb
Yummy, yummy mexican food


Lunch with Avelino


Most important part of my outfit every day

No comments:

Post a Comment