.

.

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Savior Is Born - Discover Why!

November 30, 2015

I have realized that my most treasured part of serving a mission is the language I have learned. And no, I'm not talking about Spanish. I'm talking about the ability to listen to and understand the Spirit! It truly is a language that requires practice and patience, and I feel like I am becoming fluent!

This week has been one of reflection and appreciation for all the wonderful experiences and miracles I have seen on my mission. I have had so many experiences this week either just reading scriptures or sitting and pondering where the Spirit has brought back a memory to me from the last year and a half and has brought tears to my eyes. It is so hard to think about ending this most wonderful stage of my life as a full-time servant of the Lord. I have been putting on my nametag with special care this week and dreading the day when I can no long wear it. Yeah- I'm an emotional mess. I just start crying randomly all the time whenever I think about leaving (no offense family). Haha.  

We had 2 exchanges this week- one where a Spanish Hermana came here who was trained by Hermana Weymouth too! And after me, Hermana Miller and Fifita and Clark have been her companions. So it was super fun to talk with her about all the things. she told me that she has been hearing about me since the first day she got to the field and had always wanted to work with me. No pressure. Ha. But the exchange turned out great. We had to eat cactus for dinner!! Definitely on the top of the list of crazy things I have eaten! Ha. But it didn't taste that bad, just rubbery. And then on Saturday, I went to Everett on exchanges with a new English sister. She also told me that she had heard all about me from her companion and was just looking at me all day with these big eyes. She was amazed that I was about to finish. Haha. So it was a neat experience to be able to be a role model for these two great Sisters. Sometimes we don't think we make much of a difference, but there truly are people who need our example and love!

And a cute little heart-warming experience I had on Sunday when this random little girl come up to me and taps me on the arm and says "Hello, can I have a conversation with you in Spanish?" Haha. This little 7-year-old who's taking Spanish classes in school. So she puts her little face like 5 inches from mine and starts chatting my ear off. It was the most precious thing.  

The new Christmas initiative just started yesterday called "A Savior is Born!" We have awesome new cards to pass out to everyone and it's such a great way to get people talking about Jesus Christ and the reason for the season. So check out the new website and video!


and share it with everyone!

HERMANA WEBB

Thanksgiving lunch!!



The Martinez's baby Marvin. Cutest little thing ever!
Look! It's really winter! Ok, just frost, but beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment