.

.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Cooking Catastrophes and Cuban Commitments

March 16, 2015

Hello

2 Miracles with 2 Awesome Investigators:

1. We are still teaching Nadia, the lady that invited us in right away from Cuba! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation, and the beautiful opportunity she has as a mother to raise one of God's children. We told her that this plan allowed for eternal families and she was just radiating- talking about all the things she loved about being a mom. Then we started talking about baptism and a goal that she could work towards to prepare herself for this sacred ordinance. Out of nowhere, she says "I want to finish the whole Book of Mormon." My jaw just dropped. I mean, we have a hard enough time getting people to read one little chapter of scripture. After I recovered from the shock, haha, I asked her how long she thought she would need to finish it. A month?, I suggested. She flipped through the 531 pages of the most precious book I have ever read and said "15 days." WOW. She set her own goal to finish the Book of Mormon in 15 days, and I know that when she's done reading, her testimony will be so strong and she will be ready to be baptized into the true and living church of Jesus Christ. MIRACLE

2. Gabriela. She is also related to the Lopez family and is from Mexico. We were teaching her this week and mid-sentence, she stopped me and told me she had to tell me something. She goes on to tell me that she had a dream after the last time we visited with her and that she was in God's presence and was afraid. God told her not to fear and to take the key that was in front of her. She told me she had felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and love to be in the presence of her Heavenly Father. She said she had never had a dream like that before. I explained to her how God can sometimes communicate with us through different ways, including dreams. And then I explained that baptism is the key to unlock the door and qualify us to return to our Heavenly Home. I asked her if she would follow the heavenly guidance she received and be baptized. She said Yes!! MIRACLE

And I also learned that sometimes Heavenly Father puts you in people's lives to bless them for a variety of reasons. For example, Hermana Miller's cooking skills are...well less than par. Haha. She tried to make pancakes yesterday and I walk into the kitchen to see all this smoke and this black, fat glob of dough that somewhat resembled a pancake sitting in the pan. Hahahaha. Oh man. So the next day, I made sure to teach her how to make some delicious golden-brown pancakes without almost burning the apartment down. So that was our cooking adventure of the week!

LOVE,
Hermana Webb

Pretty Petalssss

We love Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment